Position Filled -- Search Closed
Digital Library Federation
Description: The Digital Library Federation seeks an
individual with strong organizational and inter-personal skills to fulfill a
range of administrative tasks for a small, lively, distributed organization.
Position Duties and Descriptions
- Provide range of administrative, meeting, and travel support
to Executive Director
- Responsible for daily email and telephone coverage for
queries to the DLF
- Set up initiative meetings and conference calls convened
- Work with Director of Finance to maintain accurate records
of DLF expenses.
- Attend CLIR/DLF staff meetings.
- Assist with quarterly DLF newsletter, working with the
- Update the databases for the DLF registries of contact
information, digital collections, and technical reports.
- Help maintain portions of the DLF website [HTML training
will be provided]
- Post messages as required to DLF electronic mailing lists.
- Help design, streamline, and maintain DLF files/archives.
Qualifications: Must have good organizational,
oral and written communication skills. Experience in a similar position desirable.
Basic experience with a computer desktop database program such as Filemaker Pro
or MS Access, and with MS Office, essential.
About The Digital Library Federation: DLF is a 37-member consortium of
libraries and related agencies that are pioneering in the use of electronic-information
technologies to extend their collections and services. The DLF provides leadership
for libraries by identifying standards and "best practices" for
digital collections and network access; coordinating leading-edge
research-and-development in libraries' use of electronic-information technology;
and incubating projects and services that libraries need but cannot develop
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience; full benefits.
Application: letters, curriculum vitae, and reference list should be addressed to:
Executive Director, Digital Library Federation
Council on Library and Information Resources
1755 Massachusetts Ave., NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20036
applications from women and underrepresented groups.